Sunday 22 June 2014

Food, friends and Open Day madness

So even though my exams are finished, I could only spend a long weekend at home as I am employed by the University to help on Open Days. I was only scheduled to work on Wednesday afternoon, Friday and Saturday, so I had a bit of spare time in between.

I'm not going to lie, my week involved a LOT of food. But I regret nothing! It was so good. 



I got back to my student house late Tuesday afternoon, as a very mardy Shannon (for all my Southern friends, mardy = grumpy) because I generally hate public transport, especially when I have to travel alone. However, my friend had the best idea ever - having a barbecue. We managed to get a disposable one for just £2 and even though we were sceptical about whether it would work, it did the trick. I loved just sitting in the garden with an Archers and Lemonade listening to music and not worrying about anything for once! We went completely mad on buying food but it was a really nice evening.

We then decided to go to Wetherspoons in Leamington later on, just to unwind and because we'll be moving there in September and want to get to know the area a little better. I'm extremely excited about moving into my new flat, it's definitely going to be my best year at Warwick out of the three.

The following day we went back to Leamington to do a bit of shopping in the morning. For once I managed to show a bit of self control and didn't buy anything, except I did eat my weight in Mcdonalds. (That isn't all mine in the photo I promise, but I do have to admit I did eat two burgers and a large fries, I think that still makes me guilty)

I spent the rest of my week meeting various friends for cocktails and for afternoon teas on campus. I also had a few meetings about how to start going about my dissertation, but generally just relaxed and began enjoying my summer. I think I'm going for a feminist approach to international security as my topic, as I'm really interested in how women who commit violence are framed in Security discourse.

The weather has been fab this week. It was a bit too hot for the Open Days, what with trying to organise and show 11,000 people round, but it is actually a great job for students and I can't complain. I love feeling like I'm really helping people. Me and my friend had an Indian takeaway on the Friday night, because we were absolutely exhausted and couldn't be bothered to cook. I recommend the Zaika Lounge in Kenilworth to all Warwick students, it is the best Indian cuisine I've ever tasted and they always have price offers on.

And so now I'm back home, and my second year at university is officially over. While I'm so happy to be home to enjoy the summer with my family, it's also crazy to think I only have the one year left. Time really does go so quick! I've got a lot planned for this summer and I'm aiming to be good at keeping this blog updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...