Monday 23 June 2014

June Favourites

I always love reading monthly favourite posts on other blogs, and noticed this month that I'd made some cracking decisions when spending my money. While I'm no beauty expert, several people have commented how nice my skin has been looking recently and so I thought it wouldn't hurt to do a quick post. I've bought several products this month which I think are good value for money, and also thought I'd include a few of my favourite birthday presents which were wonderful surprises and really personal to me. I love receiving presents knowing someone has really thought about me when purchasing them.


First up is this beautiful ornament from my parents. This is definitely my most favourite thing this month! It is a 1961 Wade Disney Bambi figurine from the Wade Disney Blow Up Collection. I can't believe how immaculate the figure is for something over thirty years older than me. I have developed a real bambi/fawn obsession this year and so I couldn't believe it when I unwrapped this. The poor quality photo doesn't do it justice, it is so gorgeous.


Second on my June favourites list is my very own personalised Emma Bridgewater mug. I'd been wittering on for ages about wanting one, and so I was really excited to open this from my brother, sister in law and niece and nephew. It was better than I could have ever imagined or purchased for myself, because on the bottom is an added extra from my niece and nephew. I have a tea obsession and so the mug is very me!


Next up is my new perfume. I think most of the women in my family were grateful when I received this - I first smelt it when I stole a squirt of my sister in laws. My Mum then loved it so much she bought some, which made me feel extremely left out being Naughty Alice-less, and so I ended up using Mum's whenever I was home from university. What I love about it is the fact it IS Vivienne Westwood, who is my favourite at the moment (especially as I have recently found out she is a fellow Midlandser) and I also love that it isn't what EVERYONE is wearing. The packaging is super super cute and the bottle even comes with a free bracelet, which isn't tacky at all and both me and my Mum have received several compliments on.


Another of my June favourites is my Thomas Sabo Swallow charm from my other brother, sister in law and three nephews and my niece. The picture doesn't do it justice and I can't wait to get it on my charm bracelet. When I build a charm bracelet, I love to have charms that are really personal to me and so you can virtually get to know me just by looking at my bracelet! I've been obsessed with swallows since my early teens really. Vintage swallow tattoos are said to represent sadness at loss, which I feel represents all the loved ones who are sadly no longer here, but also were typically seen on sailors to symbolise that they will always come home. Some might find it a bit embarrassing, but my Mum has always said while I've got my birds with me, whether it be on clothing, jewellery or whatever, I'll always have a bit of home with me and will always be able to come back. I think it's quite lovely really!


That's it for birthday presents, although I received other gifts that I am so grateful for and in love with. I just thought people might find these the more interesting of the lot to read about, because they have their back stories.

Next up is a few beauty products I purchased. As I said I'm really no expert and am really really lazy, but this Nivea Primer is absolutely amazing! I've tried other primers before, including high-end brands, but this has really kept my make up lasting all day and despite having combination skin, it works whether my skin is dry or oily that day. 


This Liz Earle set is something that I know will become a permanent part of my toilletries collection. I'd heard about all the awards it had won and read a lot of good reviews, but couldn't actually believe how well it worked when I tried it. My skin has improved dramatically and I've received a few compliments on how fresh faced I looked, and it's great if you're lazy like me because it's really no big effort at all. I've always tried to look after my skin because I have really sensitive skin, and I feel that no matter how many make up wipes you use, your skin never seems completely clean.


This next product is actually something I bought for my Dad for Father's Day. While many may be thinking that a Scholl Express Pedi device is probably not the best way to tell your Dad how much you appreciate them, with many of you opting for beers and chocolates and various gifts, I know my Dad isn't one for all the typical stuff with 'Dad' written on, and know he's been in a lot of pain with his feet lately. I'm so glad this made his feet feel better, and decided to give it a go myself because if there is one thing I hate about summer it is seeing disgusting feet. While the process of removing the hard skin is obviously vile, it has left my feet in an amazing condition! I've had really sore feet ever since I trekked across Africa on my World Challenge expedition, and would definitely recommend this to anyone as feet conscious as me. 


Last but not least is a really random purchase. Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely LOVE purchasing homeware. I feel like if all my stuff is pretty, my house feels more homely. When I saw these little birdy spoons in the Lakeland sale I knew I just had to have them. I don't know how clear the picture is, but basically they're for hot chocolates when you want to demolish the squirty cream and marshmallows, and the little bird sits on the edge while the spoon is in the mug. You're probably reading this thinking I am extremely sad, but I just thought they were so cute, especially because of my bird obsession. (Please don't think I'm a crazy bird lady, I'm actually EXTREMELY scared of real life birds).


I'm still trying to get to grips with this blogging malarkey and I apologise for any teething problems I'm having. At the moment I'm still trying to do a bit of everything, and whilst I don't claim to be good at any of those things, I really am enjoying sharing different aspects of my life with you! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...