Saturday 28 June 2014

Saturday Haul

So my parents are home, and it is so great having them back. Me and Mum decided to do a bit of shopping today, as it is very rare she has a Saturday off work these days. I bought a few things which I thought I would show you in a quick post.

First up are these beautiful little Ring Holders. I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted these in a hidden corner of my local Home Bargains. I had been looking for a jewellery dish for quite a while now, mainly to put hair grips and earrings on, both of which I'm forever losing. When I saw these, I just thought they were so cute, I couldn't choose just the one and had to buy both! Both came in under £4 together.

Ring Holders: Home Bargains, £1.99 each

 Also from Home Bargains was this ever so exciting purchase - a shower curtain. I'm really happy I found this actually, because when I went to look round my flat for my final year at university, the shower curtain was a little bit 'out there' to say the least. (See the photo on the far left below - it sort of gives me a headache!) Obviously a strange shower curtain isn't the end of the world, but when I spotted this swallow bird print one in Home Bargains at an absolute steal of a price, I thought it would make my flat a little bit more homely, and it will come in when I move into my own place after uni.

Shower Curtain: Home Bargains, £3.99

Along our travels today, we went to Asda to do a mammoth food shop. I always have a quick look around the clothing section, and found a whole section dedicated to gym wear. I've told myself that I HAVE to lose weight and get fit this summer, and so I have started running and also signed up for Yoga classes with my sister-in-law. I didn't really want to spend too much money on them as I'm only just starting out with this whole exercise malarkey, and so when I saw these I snapped them up immediately. I have Adidas trainers because I believe brands do speak for quality when it comes to sports footwear, but until I really get into it and when I can prove I will stick to it, I won't invest in the branded clothing. I love blue, especially turquoise, but they also have this set in fluroscent pink and grey. The leggings are just above the knee and have a media pocket for your iPod. I'm just going to throw a tshirt over the top and I should be good to go!

Sports bra: Asda, £6.00
Sports half leg leggings: Asda, £10.00

As I was just about to find my Mum to head to the checkout, I spotted these in the pyjama section. And of course, because they had birds on, I couldn't resist! I always buy my pyjamas from Asda; they are super cosy, cheap and wash really nicely, so I find that they last for years! I've found since the 'onesie' craze has hit, I have ended up with more onesies than pyjamas, as I received several for Christmas! They're not all fleecy, but I still feel too hot trying to sleep in them at this time of year, so I'm glad I could find a nice pyjama set today. I also bought a navy vest from the range to go with these, which was £4.

Bird pyjama bottoms: Asda, £6.00

Overall I had a really lovely day with my Mum, even if I did break my 'no spending' promise!
What do you think of my purchases?

♥ 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...