Saturday 12 July 2014

Boots Haul

Boots is one of my favourite shops on the high street. I could literally spend hours in there! I was browsing their website last night and discovered offers and new products I just couldn't resist, so this morning I headed to my local Boots and picked up a few treats.



Lee Stafford Treatment for Hair That Never Grows Past a Certain Length - I have absolutely LOVED this hair mask for months now. I was quite sceptical when buying it, but I'm willing to try anything if it will help my hair grow! It smells gorgeous and leaves my hair feeling like I have just walked out of the salon. What I like about this product is it nourishes your scalp, and my scalp is often really sore because my hair is quite thick, which is why I think my hair was growing so slowly before. I get a small handful of this mask and massage it into my scalp down to my ends after shampooing and before conditioning, and leave it on for 5 minutes. You are supposed to use this every wash, but as I wash my hair every day, I use it on alternating washes. I've definitely noticed my hair has grown not only faster, but also looks and feels healthier.

These are usually £8.99 a tub from Boots, but at the moment Lee Stafford products are 3 for £12 at Boots, so I nabbed these up fast! If anyone has been thinking to try this I would definitely recommend it while it's so cheap - I might go back and get the Hair Growth Shampoo, Conditioner and Leave in Spray Treatment as well while they are on 3 for £12.

I do think you have to be realistic though. I know people who complain their hair doesn't grow, but they blow-dry and use straighteners/curlers every day, and lots of hair products. I've used this mask, but I have stopped blow drying my hair and only straighten my hair on special occasions at the moment, with me sticking it on top of my head most days. If you're really stressed, that can also affect the quality of your hair growth. So don't expect miracles if you're not willing to compromise on the heat!


Maybelline Big Eyes Liner - Maybelline cosmetics are also on 3 for 2 at the moment, so even though I only needed a mascara, I just couldn't pass on this offer. I've not read anything about these 'Big Eyes' products, but as someone with fairly small eyes and huge eyelashes, I often find my eyes get lost in my face. This is a duo eyeliner, with a beige liner at one end to apply to your inner lash line, and the black end to apply to the outer lash line. I can't wait to try this product.

They also do a white and black dual eyeliner, but I didn't feel confident enough to try the white so picked up the beige/black instead.

This is £4.99 but I got this free as it was the cheapest of my three Maybelline products.


Maybelline Big Eyes Volum' Express Mascara - I've never been able to find a mascara that I'm completely happy with. I have liked the majority of the mascaras that I have tried, but feel most of them offer false claims and aren't particularly long lasting. I was born with super long eyelashes, and I believe while you may find one that is a god send that works wonders on your lashes, I am of the belief that they can't give you long eyelashes if you don't have them, and they can't give you volume if you don't have many eyelashes. (If there is one pet hate I have, it is when girls have clumpy eyelashes which look bent at the ends where they have applied so much mascara it looks like they have three huge thick eyelashes). Such a mascara pessimist aren't I!

I've never found a mascara that holds my eyelashes up all day. Instead, they seem to droop throughout the day, causing irritation and making my eyes look smaller. I really hope this makes my eyes look bigger!

This was £8.99 at full price


Maybelline The Falsies Volum' Express Black Drama Mascara - Nothing else on the Maybelline counter really caught my eye, and I do seem to get through mascara like it is going out of fashion. I hope it's not because I'm one of those girls who apply too much like I was just moaning about! I have tried several of the Maybelline Colassal Mascaras before and I absolutely love the brushes on them, so thought I would pop this in my basket and give it a try.

This was £7.99 at full price


So today I spent £28.98, saving an impressive £18.46! I definitely don't feel guilty about my purchases now. Check back soon for reviews of the Maybelline Big Eyes products. If anyone can recommend any mascaras that will cure my mascara pessimism, I'd love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...