Thursday 3 July 2014

Bucket List No. 23: Private Session with a Medium

Earlier today I had an appointment with a medium. I know from me saying this already some people will be rolling their eyes and shaking their heads. Now I'm not going to try and persuade the readers of the post to believe in something they don't, I just wanted to do a quick post about my own personal experience. I think everyone has the right to make up their own mind about this sort of thing.
Well I'd watched several psychics and medium programmes on TV and several of my Mum's friends had been to see mediums, and I will happily admit I was really intrigued. I wasn't sure what my opinion was of this type of thing, which is unusual for me as I can be really opinionated and have something to say about everything usually!
So I decided to add 'a session with a medium' to my bucket list. Some people find bucket lists depressing or pointless, but I know there are many things I am determined to achieve in my life. One of my favourite quotes at the moment is:
I think it sums up perfectly why I have chosen to make a bucket list. I'm pleased with how many of the things I have ticked off already, but I am constantly adding to it. I have 30 things on my list currently, and I have achieved 18 so far. It is quite a personal list and so I don't really want to share it all, but I'm happy to do occasional blog posts as I tick a thing off.
So I finally plucked up the courage and contacted a medium recommended to me by a friend. I think recommendations are crucial regardless of how much the session costs. I would rather pay more for a better service than be conned and made to feel like a fool
I was incredibly nervous, but as soon as the session began, I was just completely gobsmacked. I chose to take notes because 1) I have a tendency to overthink and I didn't want to be replaying the first pieces of information in my head and ignoring the rest of the session and 2) So I wouldn't forget anything, and could read over the notes again and again. A lot of the people who have passed on in my life did so before I was born, and so there were some minute details that didn't make sense straight away, (but I have had them confirmed by my Mum and Nan since - everything was spot on!) and 3) because I was worried eye contact would give information away?
I was so completely gobsmacked and shocked by the information I received. I would like to keep most of it private, but I can tell you I received genuine messages from two people very dear to my heart who have passed on. And I say genuine. Because while I went into this fairly sceptical, I was given messages that only I know - I haven't told any other family members, and I just couldn't believe how much I was told. Regarding pains and illnesses I had had recently, and one family member came to me to recommend wearing the 'sandals' to my graduation. This completely floored me, because only yesterday I had been talking to my Mum about graduation and asking if she thinks I have to wear heels like everyone else even though they hurt my feet, and she suggested jewelled sandals or something, and I was still undecided - until today. Thank you Nan! She apparently said to tell me that I always moan about my toes hurting in heels so I should just choose the sensible option, which made me smile.
I was also visited by my beautiful little cat, and the medium described her colour and gave me her name, and apparently she still has a grudge against me for throwing her down the stairs (In my defence, I didn't mean to throw her, I was two and just so excited to have a cat I accidentally let her go at the top of the stairs in my delight!) But it was all just incredibly touching.
I thought it would just be generic information like 'they are watching over you' or 'there is a man here', but she could tell me which side of the family they belonged to, the exact relation to me, and she told me not to worry about working abroad if that's what I want to do, and my family won't mind. I have never told my family that I worry about missing them if I was to choose to work abroad.
I was contacted by several family members, and whether you believe in it or not, I can say the experience has definitely benefited me. I cried when I left because I just felt really at peace with myself and a lot of questions I had were answered.
The medium I saw was so incredibly friendly and welcoming, and I couldn't believe how good she was. She even told my brother how old his eldest child was and described all of his children in immense detail. We both really enjoyed the experience today, and if anyone in the East Lincolnshire area would like to know who I saw, drop me a comment below or a text and I will give you her contact details.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...