Tuesday 15 July 2014

How to remove glitter nail varnish

Warning: this blog post contains pictures of feet, apologies!

As an avid lover of nail varnish and all things sparkly, I can never resist glitter nail varnish. But while it looks amazing on, I used to dread taking it off. I would pick it off and scrub it endlessly, and it left me with really brittle and damaged nails. Until I started wearing gel nail varnish a couple of years ago, that needs to be set by an LED/UV Light. I figured because gel nail polish is taken off nicely via a soak-off method, I would try something similar with glitter nail varnish.



What you will need
Normal nail varnish remover
Cotton pads (I've ran out so I'm using ripped up kitchen roll in the photos below - classy!)
10 strips of kitchen tin foil


1. Soak your cotton pad in nail varnish remover. Place the cotton pad over the top of the nail. I usually cut 5 cotton pads in half as cotton pads are quite large for each nail. 

2. Wrap one of your strips of kitchen foil around the nail and secure it fairly tightly. People ask me why I use foil - it doesn't have some weird scientific reaction or anything, it just holds the nail varnish remover on the nail to soak it off.

3. Leave for 5-10 minutes. Remove the foil and just wipe the nail varnish away. It will be fairly soft and mushy - if it isn't, wrap the nail back up and wait a little longer.

And that's it! I'm not going to upload any photos after I'd taken the foil off, because I can't stand bare toe nails. This technique doesn't damage your nail like picking glitter nail varnish off, or scrubbing at it. 

I hope it works for you as well as it seems to do for me. Long live glitter nail varnish!4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...