Sunday 6 July 2014

My Week In 7 Pictures

This week has been absolutely non-stop for me. Between organising work experience, seeing family, trying to exercise, and endless appointments, I came up with the idea of doing a 'My week in 7 pictures' post.




1. Lincolnshire walks - One thing I love about being home is the endless countryside of Lincolnshire. My Mum, Dad and I decided to go for a spot of lunch, followed by a walk. It was so peaceful, even though I was absolutely terrified of walking in a field of cows. They kept staring at me and I was convinced one had it in for me. I'm really proud of myself for the walking and exercise I have done so far. I've stuck to my plan more than I thought I would. Swimming, walking, running, legs bums and Tums - and yoga as of next week! When I've completed my first yoga class, I'll probably do a blog post about my exercise routine so far.

2. The Butterfly Hospice - So as of next week, I will be starting my internship as a Fundraising and Volunteers Assistant for over the summer. I'm really looking forward to it and can't wait to learn even more (I interned there over Easter). I was super happy to see that the hospice had one of ASDA's community coin boxes in store on my last visit - about two months ago I completed a recommendation form for the Hospice and I would like to think that my letter played a minute role in getting them a box. I hope all my family and friends put their green tokens here so the hospice get some well deserved money!

3. Hot rock cooking - What a surprise, my week included lots of yummy food! Mum recently purchased a hot rock cooker and I'm so glad we used it. You basically put the rock in the oven for two hours, then when it is hot, you remove it from the oven, place it on its stand and cook meat and fish on it. Not only could I cook in the comfort of my own living room while watching TV, but the steaks were cooked beautifully. Even though we had them with salad and a jacket potato, I definitely need to start watching my food intake again!



4. Trying something new - excuse my face on this photo, I was going to crop it out but it made me laugh so much and I thought it summed up how I was feeling when this was taken! I had seen these skirts in Dorothy Perkins for ages now, but didn't feel confident to even try one on let alone purchase it! But I noticed they were in the sale today, and thought why not! It was £15, and for a while now I have been telling myself to ditch the dark colours and jeans and try new things. I used to really take an interest in fashion but since going to university I have definitely become lazy, so this is part of my attempt to rectify this. I'm still not sure if this skirt suits me or not, so I may still return it yet




5. Uh oh, puddings! - As I mentioned above, I can definitely feel myself falling off the food bandwagon again. Because eating out is such a big part of my life, it is difficult to resist the unhealthy options. This banoffee gateau was perfect, even though I think the ice cream does look a bit strange in the photo. My downfall in this particular country pub was that there is a two course special for £5.95 so I actually saved money on my main by ordering a pud. I have also become really obsessed with the new Carte Dor Gelateria Eton Mess, it is heaven! I'm hoping I am stricter with myself in the upcoming week.



6. Card making - Card making has definitely taken up a lot of my time this week, and I'm so glad! I have so much fun making cards, and I appreciate all the orders I have had so far. At the moment I currently have three greetings cards, two birthday invitation sets and a wedding invitation order outstanding, but I have all my supplies ready/ ordered, so I can imagine that the upcoming week will be even more hectic trying to get it all organised and started. Thank you to everyone who has placed an order so far, I really do appreciate it


7. Family - while this photo doesn't really represent 'family', it was when I was about to tuck into this that I remembered I had forgotten to take any photos of my time with my family! I purchased this at the Open Day of the primary school two of my nephews go to, and the primary school I went to. It was so lovely going to see them on the open day, working away in their classrooms, and I have to admit that I had a few tears when my nephew sang in his Pop Choir. Several of my teachers recognised me and said they had seen me in the paper talking about my work experience and A level results, and that they had tried to follow what I was up to ever since I left, which I thought was so lovely! I also babysat for my other brother's children one morning, (I think I was more tired afterwards than they were) and also enjoyed several lunches out with my brothers, Nan and Mum. There is no happier time for me than time with my family

So even though my week was hectic, it was so fun and I am really enjoying my time at home. Next week I start my work experience and have a few other things lined up that I'm sure I will be posting on here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...