Sunday 27 July 2014

Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe



This morning I have been a busy bee! Despite feeling absolutely terrible with hayfever, I have baked a Strawberry and White Chocolate Cheesecake. Today is my niece's second birthday, and I was asked to make a dessert for her party.

Note: I didn't create this recipe myself, I saw it TV last year. But I wanted to share it with you because this is one of my favourite recipes, not only is it one of the most delicious cheesecakes I have ever tasted, but it looks so pretty!

What you will need (serves 8-10):
230g digestive biscuits
80g unsalted butter melted
200g white chocolate
400g mascarpone cheese
100ml sour cream
300ml double cream
80g caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
400g strawberries
23cm loose-bottomed spring form cake tin


1. Using a food processor, blitz down the biscuits to fine crumb. Alternatively, put the biscuits in a large food bag and beat them with a rolling pin. Add to a bowl and mix in the melted butter. Place the mixture into the loose bottomed cake tin, compress down and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes


2. Melt the white chocolate in the microwave or in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water then set aside to leave to cool slightly. I prefer over simmering water myself, as I think chocolate is so easy to burn in the microwave!


3. Cream the mascarpone, chocolate, sour cream and sugar together along with the vanilla extract


4. Whip the double cream and then fold the two together.


5. Hull and halve the strawberries then place round the outside of the tin in an ordered fashion. Place a few more in the bottom of the tin. 


6. Cover with the cheesecake mixture, smooth the top and chill for at least 1 hour to set. Remove from the tin, and decorate with the remaining strawberries.


And you have yourself one yummy strawberry and white chocolate cheesecake! 

If any of you give this a go, I would love it if you could send me photos, or drop me a message! Please let me know what you think in the comments below, as I love receiving comments regarding my blog.

Enjoy your Sunday!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...