Friday 15 August 2014

5 things which have made me happy this week

I've decided to start a new series of blog posts entitled '5 things which have made me happy this week'. It is part of my bid to be a more positive person and to avoid any negativity. I feel that if I write down things that have made me happy, I will appreciate all the wonderful things in life more.



1. Losing weight: This week I am so happy at my progress with getting fit and losing weight! I started exercising and eating cleaner around 5 weeks ago. To date, I have lost 5 pounds. I would like to lose around another 5-8 pounds. Now I have started shrinking a little bit, I have even more motivation to do so!

2. Running: I started running to lose weight, but in fact I've actually found that running is making me happier. I'm really proud of myself because running was always something I could just never do, and I never had the confidence to do in public. I'm running slow and steady, but I'm getting there.

3. Watching the bank: Even though I am good at budgeting and have never been in financial difficulty, lately I have been thinking that I would really like to start building up a 'rainy day fund'; in case of emergencies. And also, just because when I first start out working after university, I know money will be a little tighter than it currently is and I wanted to prove to myself I can resist! I purchased no clothes or make up this week and I'm really proud of my self control ha!

4. Pampering: Yesterday I had the most amazing morning pampering myself. My favourite beautician in the world (and an amazing friend) came round and after doing my eyebrows, I had gel nails and a 30 minute back massage. I loved having a morning to myself. I've put my body through a shock lately with taking up swimming, yoga, running and a dance class per week all at once, and so I wanted to treat it.

5. Hospice Opening: So at the moment I am completing an internship at a local charity, called the Butterfly Hospice. It has been 14 years of hard work and determination on behalf of my local community. The community has raised the majority of the money ourselves, with little help from the government due to budget cuts, and I could feel myself welling up with pride when we opened. A lot of poorly people have been desperate to get out of a hospital and into the hospice to spend their last days with fresh air in the amazing gardens and to get their dignity back - choosing what to eat, when they want a bath, if they want to go outside - and they can bring their pets if they wish. I think it's important that everyone maintains their dignity and choices and can feel as at home as possible.


So as you can tell, I've been so happy this week! I'm doing a few people's nails tomorrow for a bit of moola, and I'm heading into town tomorrow night to well and truly let my hair down, so I can see my happiness continuing!

What has made you happy this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...