Tuesday 23 September 2014

Back to Uni

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I moved into my new flat at university on Thursday and have only just got internet and settled in properly. The place was quite messy and dirty when we moved in so we spent a good few days cleaning it and getting it just right (We are two OCD clean girls and proud)

It is a two bedroomed, two storey flat in Leamington Spa. We both have double beds and ensuites and so we couldn't resist signing the contract. I'm really happy with it, despite being so sad leaving home. Me and my Mum were in floods of tears on the goodbye. Seems even though I'm now in my third year, I will never get used to it! I am a homebird without a doubt, and feel like half of me is always missing when I'm away from my family. 

Me and my flatmate are like an old married couple. We are constantly giggling at the most ridiculous things, and talking to each other like we've been married for 50 years. We're very similar in our living habits (i.e. being extremely clean, domestic goddesses and food fanatics) so I know this year will be a lot of fun, and even though people think it's weird us two just living together, I know it works for us. These huge student houses with like 6-9 people in are just not for me!

I thought I would show you a few photos of my new room because I'm really happy with it (except for the dodgy carpet - although to be fair to the landlord, I think it's a sensible choice for often messy and drunk students). I feel like I've really made the space my own, and I love all my little personal touches.


The carpet is horrible isn't it!

Duvet: £12 from Primark for a double
Reusable AND adorable Bambi shopping bag: Tesco

Ringbinders: Asda
'S' button canvas in the right corner: handmade by my nephews and nieces
Photos: a must have for any student room. From various days out - my favourite memories

Photo washing line: Made by my nieces and nephews, complete with drawings of me!
Postcard from New York and one of my favourite greetings cards ever

Shabby Chic Heart Coasters: The Range

Make up brush pot: IKEA (Actually a plant pot)
Glass Trinket: Store Twenty One
Heart Wooden Jewellery Drawers: Christmas Present
Little gold trinket box with bows and buttons: Handmade by my niece
Milk bottle (haven't bought a fake flower yet): Vintage Fair
Letters rack: East of India
Boxes for toilletries: Lakelands
Floral tin on the bottom shelf: Christmas present


Apologies that my room is still fairly messy! Just wanted to get back into the blogging world, missed it over the past week or so! 

Have you got any tips for making a student house a home? Any creative ways to decorate your room? I'd love to hear them in the comments below



2 comments:

  1. I moved to a new flat for uni about a month ago :) It's really nice to have a "fresh start" by cleaning and put your (new or old) forniture in!

    INDIELLIE | life style & photography blog
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you finding it? It can be an exciting but nervewracking and sad time all rolled into one can't it! I know, I definitely have to have a huge clean before I get everything set up! x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...