Thursday 18 December 2014

Bargain Ciate Nail Advent Calendar



Today I just happened to pop into my local TK Maxx while running a few errands, and my eyes were almost magnetically drawn like a magpie to a Ciate Christmas display! I wanted to buy it all, but the highlight for me was definitely the Ciate Mini Mani Manor House Advent Calendar.

I purchased this for £24.99, and this is currently retailing at £49! I know it's nearly Christmas now, but for what you get this is such good value! They are mini pots with one full size pot, but I actually prefer that because I have so many nail varnishes and find they all dry out before I get to use them, so I actually prefer having lots of mini pots. 

I would much rather buy them in the sale or while they are on offer and put them away for a few months, rather than pay the full retail price. I was quite disappointed this year by how expensive the beauty advent calendars were, and was sceptical of the make up ones because I'm so fussy with lip colours, eyeshadows and I'm so ridiculously pale I was worried I wouldn't end up using half of the stuff.

For me, these advent calendars are perfect. The variety of colours is brilliant and they are genuinely nice colours, rather than making an advent calendar of all of the colours they couldn't sell, if that makes sense. The packaging as well is SO CUTE and remembers me of Benefit Cosmetics/ Ted Baker's Christmas Gift Sets packaging.


The TK Maxx display were also selling the Ciate Candy Cane House for £7.99 which retails at £25.00! It includes four mini Christmassy glitter polishes which are 'Christmas scented'!

It also had a set of six Ciate 'trinket' baubles, which are clear with a Ciate full sized polish in each. For all six they are only charging £12, and they are currently retailing for £8 for one bauble on Ciate's website. So I would definitely recommend heading to your local TK Maxx to try and pick up some bargains - whether for yourself, or for the perfect Christmas presents!

I am putting this advent calendar away for next year - but am so tempted to open it already! Which advent calendar have you had this year? Were you pleased with the contents?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...