Wednesday 10 December 2014

My Christmas Tree


One of my favourite things about Christmas is definitely the decorations! I have to admit I'm very proud of my tree. It isn't your traditional Christmas tree, but there is a story behind every main decoration and I thought I would share it with you!

It is only a tiny tree in my bedroom with built in battery powered lights, but I can't wait to expand my collection of decorations when I get my own place and get a huge 6 foot tree!

I purchased most of these Christmas decorations in Times Square in New York on my holiday last year.


This is definitely one of my favourites on the tree, I've never seen it anywhere else before and everyone always comments on how cute it is. The Grinch is one of my all time favourite Christmas films, I can probably quote the whole thing to you! He always takes pride of place near the top.


I love this little cute glass bottle of Coke with a Christmassy ribbon wrapped around it. Not only do I love Coke, but when I see the Coke Christmas Advert I know Christmas is definitely coming! 


Everyone who knows me, knows I am basically a magpie when it comes to anything sparkly, and knows I love anything Bambi, so I couldn't resist purchasing this. It was only £2.50 from Paperchase and I only bought it a few weeks ago so it should still be in stores.


FRIENDS is my all time favourite programme. I've seen each episode a gazillion and one times, and am so sad I often reference scenes in my day to day life when something reminds me of it! "We were on a break", "Joey doesn't share food!" "He is her lobster", "Regina Flange", "I got off the plane"... it still cracks me up every time I rewatch episodes. I picked this up in the NBC store in New York.


No matter how many people tell me this looks nothing like Marilyn, I don't care, I LOVE IT! I love Marilyn and am a huge fan of her films and think she is literally the most beautiful woman to have ever walked the earth! I picked this up in New York as well, and purchased the little diamond decorations from Asda here in the UK to complete the whole "Marilyn - Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" look


And finally, this is my Big Apple New York 2013 Decoration. Even though I went to New York in 2011, my trip in 2013 was definitely a once in a lifetime, pinch me I'm dreaming moments. My parents paid for us to go for my 18th birthday, and we had such an amazing time. We literally did everything touristy in New York, and I will never forget driving over Brooklyn Bridge and getting some amazing night time photographs of the skyline. This ornament is to remind me of my trip!

I hope you liked my Christmas tree. I know it isn't the most conventional tree, but I love how every ornament is so 'Shannon'! 


6 comments:

  1. Awww such lovely and unique decorations! You will love it when you get your own massive tree to decorate in your own place! It's my first year in my first home and ive loved decorating my house for Christmas! :)

    Laura x | www.laurasallmadeup.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I do love my little tree! I know I am really looking forward to extending my collection. I saw some of the photos of your new place and new homeware and I'm so happy you finally got your wish of moving out it all looks lovely :) xx

      Delete
  2. I love you're ornaments they're so lovely. I'ts such a nice idea having personal baubles on it. I'm definitely going to have a look for next year's tree!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, yeah you can find some great decorations these days. Id recommend looking at local craft markets and online :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...