Saturday 3 January 2015

New Years Health Kick: Smoothies!


For a while now, I've been thinking about getting a smoothie maker. I rarely eat fruit and I figured that making smoothies would allow me to increase my five a day intake in a fun and healthy way! In 2014, I did really well losing weight, but I am keen to lose a few more pounds, and to just improve my diet for health reasons. Since losing weight I have felt a lot less sluggish, and that is something I want to keep up in 2015.

For Christmas, I received an ASDA voucher from my cousins. As soon as I saw a small blender on sale in ASDA, I knew I had to purchase it! This is the Breville VBLL062 Blend-Active which is currently on sale in ASDA for £20 (Find it here). I didn't want to buy a cheap one because my Mum convinced me it would break really quickly, and I loved this because you blend the fruit in the bottle you drink out of, and just switch from the lid with blades to the drinking lid. Anything that reduces the amount of washing up I have to do is a bonus! It comes with two drinking bottles as well, so it's great if you have a friend pop round.

I think I'm going to google smoothie recipes, but this attempt at lunchtime was me just throwing fruit together. I used blueberries, raspberries and strawberries and tipped in around 150ml of Yeo Valley Raspberry and Passionfruit Natural Yoghurt. It was really yummy and filling. Next I think I'm going to have a go at a Mango and Passionfruit smoothie like the Innocent ones you can buy because I looove that, and maybe a Strawberry and Banana one.

7 comments:

  1. I got the same blender for Christmas, such a good one. Banana and raspberry is a really nice one to try xx

    Lucy | www.missdaisylu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really nice, raspberry is one of my favourite flavours! Thank you :) xx

      Delete
  2. I purchased this blender on the 1st for the exact same reasons, and I've already had great use out of it! :)
    I got a few recipes from the domestic geek on youtube :), so far I've only tried one but it was delicious x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I shall look them up on YouTube sometime to try and get some ideas! X

      Delete
  3. I have been loving my smoothie maker, I'm currently going a 3 Day Juice Detox. It's quite hard but i have never eaten so much fruit and veg in my whole life. I recommend the Jason Vale Smoothie book :)

    GreyWalls 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done one of those Tea Detoxes before and it was dreadful, I think a smoothie one sounds healthier and more enjoyable. Thanks, I can't wait to try lots of new recipes x

      Delete
  4. Breville Blend Active Blender Bottles are very useful for gym and also you can gift to your love ones.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...