Friday 13 February 2015

Baking: Malteser Tiffin


Warning: if you are on a diet, look away now! Actually don't, because this recipe is actually PERFECT and is definitely worth the extra calories.


At the moment I'm home for Reading Week from University, and baking is one of my favourite things to do to unwind and relax. I didn't really want to do anything with too much effort, so decided to make one of my favourite recipes, Malteser Tiffin. If you're not sure what Tiffin is, it's basically Refridgerator Cake - basically chocolate, Maltsers, and digestive biscuits. Yum!

What you will need:One 20cm square baking tin
Baking parchment
For the base: 200g milk chocolate (I used Cadburys - best taste!) 100g unsalted butter, 2 tablespoons of golden syrup, 125g digestive biscuits, one 120g box of Maltesers
For the topping: 200g milk chocolate, 25g unsalted butter, 1 teaspoon golden syrup



1. Start with the base: Line your baking tin with baking parchment. Place 200g chocolate, butter and syrup in a heat-proof bowl and melt over a pan of barely simmering water, or in a microwave. I prefer the simmering method, as I find chocolate is so easy to burn in a microwave, and even if it doesn't look burnt, I just think it never tastes as good.

2. Place the digestive biscuits and 35g of Maltesers in a freezer bag, seal and crush with a rolling pin, until you have mainly crumbs (although I like to leave a few small chunks of Malteser in to add texture)


3. Add the crushed mixture and rest of your Maltesers to the melted chocolate and stir until everything is coated nicely. Spoon into your baking tin and try to get it as evenly as possible. 


 4. For the topping: Melt the 200g of chocolate, 25g butter and 1 teaspoon of golden syrup for the topping, just like you did for the base, except this time you don't add any digestive biscuits or Maltesers. After melting the chocolate, butter and golden syrup, spread it over the biscuit base.

5. Cover the tin with foil and place it in your fridge for about 2 hours. Then, when everything is set, cut it into servings, and tuck in!



What do you think to my Malteser Tiffin? Let me know in the comments below if you bake it, or if you've baked it before, I'd love to hear what you think. Also, if you know of any other recipes with Maltesers in, please post the links in the comments below as I would love to try them!



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Think I left my blog signed in on your tablet Mum, but thank you haha xxxx

      Delete
  2. This looks so amazing, oh my goshhh! I love tiffin and the idea of a malteser one sounds heavenly haha!

    cottonandcandie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's a dream combination isn't it! I chopped it up quite small, because I thought it might be a little rich but it was perfect! Came home today and the rest of it has been demolished haha! Thanks for stopping by :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...