Monday 23 March 2015

Homemade Pink Lemonade Slush Recipe*



Recently I was followed by a small business on Twitter called Prairie Charms, and after browsing the amazing range of little goodies they have to offer, I couldn't resist purchasing these cute little paper straws. I thought they would be perfect for the Mason Drinking Jars I have, and I felt inspired to make one of my favourite drinks recipes - homemade Pink Lemonade Slush! I thought I would share it with you as it is great for all those barbecues and summer parties coming up in the next few months. You can either leave it as a lemonade or follow the extra steps to make a batch of slush, but either way, this is the perfect refreshing drink for the warmer weather.

Homemade Pink Lemonade
What you will need
4 tablespoons of caster sugar
1 lemon
50g raspberries
500 ml fizzy or still water (depending on your preference)

1. Cut the lemon into 8 sections
2. Place the 8 sections and all of the other ingredients into a food processor and blend until the lemon resembles purée
3. Sieve the lemonade into a serving jug and then pour into your Mason Drinking Jars or glasses and serve with ice and maybe an extra slice of lemon.

To make the slush
Pour your pink lemonade into a blender and gradually add ice until it is to your desired consistency of slushy wonderful-ness.

I did originally make the slush, but while I was faffing around with my camera and serving it to family and friends, mine melted and I completely forgot about it! So mine is just lemonade I'm afraid.

I think it looks so cute and summery in my little Mason Jars and Prairie Charms Floral Straws. They have been going down a treat with friends and family, and I think I will soon be having to stock up on more straws!

I purchased the Mason Jars from Home Bargains for 69p each a while ago, and the straws were £3.50 for a pack of 10 from Prairie Charms.I can't see them on their website anymore, but they have so many other pretty patterns here

*It has been a pleasure collaborating with Prairie Charms, the customer service has been fantastic. I purchased these straws myself, these were not gifted to me, and 25% of the sale went to the amazing Make a Wish Foundation charity.

Let me know if you try this recipe out, I would love to know what you think!



2 comments:

  1. This sounds lovely! I may just have to try it myself, especially as Summer is right around the corner!
    Ellie,xx
    Elephant stories and more

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...