Monday 15 June 2015

Shannon Stacey is 1 Years Old!


Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't blogged in almost a week, I've been so busy I've barely had chance to sit down. I had an all day job interview last week which was quite far away so I spent several days away with no internet access.

I realised today that my blog is a year old in three days time and I couldn't actually believe it. When I think of everything that was going on in my life at the time of setting it up, I realise how much has changed and how quickly a year has flown by.

I decided to set up a blog as a past time and to share lifestyle advice, my journey to a healthier and happier version of me including my weight loss and fitness journey, and also to share my passion for make up and shopping! I had been toying with the idea for almost a year because I enjoyed reading blogs so much, but I really lacked the confidence. I wasn't worried about what strangers think at all, but I thought that people who knew me personally, whether I was friends with them or not, might think it was silly or talk about it in a negative light and it would cause me more stress than it was worth.

A year later, I am so pleased that I plucked up the courage and just went for it. Even within a year, I feel like my blog has improved and exceeded all the expectations I ever had for it. My page views continue to increase as the months draw on, the quality of my posts has improved a lot in my opinion, I have more followers and have met some incredibly lovely bloggers. I've enjoyed blogger meet ups and chatting to various brands.

What are my hopes for the next year? Well for FOREVER now I've been saying I am going to purchase a proper camera and really work on my photography because that is the stage of blogging that I definitely rush the most and is by far my biggest weakness I think. I have my eye on the Olympus Pen EPL7 and think I might treat myself once my university accommodation deposit is returned to me.

I would just like to thank everyone who has supported Shannon Stacey over the past 12 months. Whether you've enjoyed reading it from the start, or you read the odd post here and there, or this is the first time you're reading it, I really appreciate it and hope you will still be reading my ramblings in another 12 months time!

In true beauty blogger style, I decided to treat myself to a MAC lipstick to celebrate my blog's birthday. I've had my eye on for a while and it is raved about everywhere all over the net. I'm sure I will be reviewing it in the next few weeks or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...