Saturday 29 August 2015

Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer



A few weeks ago I purchased the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer as I've read so many positive reviews online. It retails at £5.49 and is often on offer, so I think you definitely can't complain at the price. I'm also a fan of the sponge wand applicator as I think it's easy to use and is good for controlling how much of the product you use at once.

The consistency was perfect for me with high coverage and had brightening elements which meant that it was perfect for your under eye area, but that didn't necessarily draw attention to any imperfections so was perfect for spots as well. I purchased the shade in 'True Ivory' which was a perfect match for me, although like all drug store cosmetic brands I think the shade range is fairly limited, particularly if you have darker skin. However, I found that after an hour or so my skin would look so disgustingly oily and after a week or so of using this concealer, I noticed that I had a really painful breakout wherever I had applied this on my face. Trust me when I say they were the worst spots I've ever had. I have oily/combination skin, and so if you are the same I definitely would not recommend this concealer.

I'm gutted to be honest because it appeared to be an absolutely perfect concealer for a few days, but unfortunately I will not be purchasing this again.

2 comments:

  1. That's such a shame! I actually used to use this on my eyes and it was pretty good until it started going cakey and creasing. I haven't tried it on any blemishes though so it looks like I had a lucky escape as my skin breaks out over the tiniest thing!

    www.sophieslittlesecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was dotting it under eye as well and seemed good at first but then it started going cakes and wouldn't blend and then I started getting spots on my cheeks which I've never had before! Xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...