Wednesday 18 May 2016

Skincare Secrets with Farfetch



Recently I was contacted by the luxury fashion website Farfetch, who asked me to share with you my ultimate skin care secrets. As a girl who has been obsessed with trying every skincare product under the sun since my early teens when I suffered with terrible breakouts, I was delighted to take part! Here are my top 5 skincare secrets – I have tried to avoid any products I’ve seen featured on a lot of blogs, because if they’re everywhere on the internet, are they really a secret?

1) VASELINE | A well-known saviour for your lips, I like to rub Vaseline over my eyelids, under my eyes and lightly coat my eyelashes. In the morning I wash it off and my eyes look brighter, more hydrated, and the Vaseline has a hair conditioner-type effect on my lashes. In terms of beauty products, I prefer gels, particularly in a roll-on pen. I find they really cool the eye area and reduce those puffy tired eyes right down. If you are on a budget, the Simple Eye Roll on Gel is brilliant.

2) JOHNSON’S BABY POWDER | You are never too old for this little gem. I like to use this post-shower. It has a calming effect on my skin and takes away the shine from my legs. I also love the smell – so relaxing if you shower before bed like me. This is great if you are rushing and don’t have time to rub a thicker body butter in, but want that silky smooth skin. Tights also always seem to make my legs itch a lot as well, so this is great to pat on before hand too.

3) COCONUT OIL | For a more intensive body moisturiser, I love coconut oil.  You can find this in most stores which sell toiletries and beauty products these days, but I actually buy mine from the supermarket down the aisle with all the oils. A huge tub can cost as little as £1.50 and it is 100% pure coconut oil so it is the real deal. A tiny amount goes a long way and leaves my skin feeling so soft for days! This is also great to massage into your cuticles to promote nail growth or to use as a hydrating/restoring hair mask.

4) THE THREE STEP RULE | I always try to stick to the three step rule, no matter how tired I am or how much of a rush I am in. The three steps are 1) cleanse 2) tone and 3) moisturise. At the moment I am really loving the Boots Botanics All Bright Hydrating Range. At the moment I currently have the foaming face wash, the cleansing toner and the hydrating Day and Night creams. If you currently just use a make up wipe at the end of the day, I would urge you to think again! It is surprising how much dirt toner picks up, even after a make up wipe and using face wash. The day cream is more brightening and a lighter consistency, whereas the night cream is much thicker and soaks in beautifully throughout the night. Establishing a good facial skincare routine in your teens/early twenties is one of the best ways to prevent ageing!

5) MAKE UP FREE DAY | This is a difficult secret to admit given my make up obsession, but I try to have a make-up free day at least once a week. If it’s a day when you have no plans or you’re literally only popping up the road to the shop for five minutes, I would definitely recommend braving the bare face. I think my skin really appreciates the chance to breath and unfortunately make up can take its toll on your pores. It is also a good opportunity to clean your make up brushes. I try to clean mine once a week/fortnight to prevent bacteria building up and therefore preventing break outs. I also think make up application is improved if you clean your brushes regularly too – added bonus!



What are your skincare secrets? Any skincare products that I should be buying right now? 


4 comments:

  1. I think I definitely exceed the once a week no makeup day haha. The vaseline one I didn't know though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a few make up few days with this sun and I've loved it! The Vaseline trick is one of my faves and such a cheap product!

      Delete
  2. Ahhh I loved reading your tips! I would never have thought of using vaseline or baby powder, even though I have so much of it in our flat haha :D it smells sooo good! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It causes all sorts of skin problems. It causes vascular problems which can contribute to poor skin health, Wedding beauty tips

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...